For this week, here’s some good stuff on marriage, singleness, God speaking, Advent, and some excellent videos on the Bible.
- Jon Bloom – Lay Aside the Weight of Low Self Image. I’ve struggled with both arrogance and a low self-image for most of my life. This article provides help with both and shows how they can be two sides of the same self-focused coin.
- Nicole Chung – What Goes Through Your Mind: On Nice Parties and Casual Racism. I am still learning how much I have to learn about the experiences of people who aren’t me. This article is a very well-written account of a woman experiencing casual racism at a party, and all the things that run through her mind on how to try to handle it. There’s much more going on than many of us realize.
- Vaneetha Rendall – It’s Better to Have a Trouble. A woman with a significant illness writes about how she deals with the suffering and sees God working through it.
- Carey Nieuwhof – 25 Random Pieces of Advice for Leaders in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. He has one of the hardest names to spell, but Carey Nieuwhof is a pastor I’ve learned a lot of good stuff from over the last couple years. This list is very much worth reading.
- Lifehacker Top Personal Finance Post of 2015. Lifehacker has a ton of good practical content, and here’s a collection of their best personal finance posts from last year.