On most Fridays, I will share five articles I came across during the week that I think are worth your time to check out. Here’s the first edition.
- Paul Tautges – The Most Encouraging and Comforting Promise in the Bible. “I will never leave you or forsake you” is such a simple, but rich promise.
- David Powlison – Brother, Where is Your Identity? Who are you? What are you building your sense of self on? While written as if to a man, this article is equally fantastic for men or women, pointing us to the what and why of finding our identity in our connection to God.
- Matt Smethurst – 10 Skills Every Husband Needs. Pastor Darrin Patrick and his wife Amie have a new book, “The Dude’s Guide To Marriage.” This short article where they’re interviewed can give you some good info on its own and help you decide if you want to pick up the book.
- Jeremy Pierre – The Sin of Insecurity. If you, like me, struggle with insecurity, this is a fantastic read. It’s not just going to make you feel guilty for insecurity (which the title sort of suggests), but rather it will help you see the nature of insecurity more clearly and address it with the Gospel.
- Vaneetha Rendall – When God Does the Miracle We Didn’t Ask For. Written by a woman who has gone through suffering, about the miracles God has done in her through that suffering.